A new twist on an old kiwi favourite! Vegan, Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Low Sugar.
1/3 C Coconut Oil
1/3 C Nut Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 C Gluten-free plain flour or rice flour
2 Scoops Nothing Naughty Pea or Rice Protein (Natural, Vanilla, Chocolate or Caramel)
2 TBSP Coconut Sugar
2 TBSP Nothing Naughty Fibre Syrup (any flavour)
1/3 C Cocoa or Cacao
1/4 C Cacao Nibs
3/4 C Gluten-free Cornflakes (hand-crushed)
8 pieces Whittaker's Dark Ghana Chocolate (72%)
1/4 C Coconut Cream
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line tray with baking paper.
2. Melt coconut oil and mix together in a large bowl with nut butter, fibre syrup, vanilla essence and coconut sugar.
3. Stir in flour, cocoa, crushed cornflakes and cacao nibs.
4. Roll mixture into small balls, spread evenly on baking tray and gently flatten with a fork or spoon.
5. Bake for approx 10 minutes or until firm. Allow biscuits to cool and whilst cooling make the icing by melting the chocolate in microwave or pot and stirring in coconut oil until a smooth, thick mixture forms. If icing is too runny, place in fridge until thicker then ice cookies and sprinkle a few cacao nibs over to finish.