Reduced-sodium Iodised Sea Salt
It may sound like an oxymoron but low-sodium salt can exist. This salt is extracted from an underground sea beneath the Atacama Desert in Chile. It forms from the evaporation of mineral-rich water which leaves unique salt grains consisting of 30% potassium and has 35% less sodium that regular salt. Potassium is a vital nutrient that helps regulate the fluid and acid-base balance in your body and makes a perfect partnership with sodium.
Too much sodium intake can have adverse effects on the body and with so many processed foods containing high sodium levels, any way to reduce sodium intake can be a huge helping hand. This salt performs and tastes just like regular salt and can be used in place of salt in any recipes in a 1:1 ratio. We have added iodine to this salt blend which is another essential mineral that is naturally low in NZ soils and is recommended to be supplemented by the Ministry of Health.
- 35% less sodium than regular salt
- Contains 30% potassium which is considered a vital nutrient
- Helping to address World Health Organisation goals to reduce global sodium intake by 30%
- Added iodine to help reach daily iodine intake requirements, a mineral which NZ soils are deficient in
- Tastes and responds like regular salt and can replace regular salt in a 1:1 ratio in any recipes